Welcome to the IPF Message Boards. Forum Index
Return to IndaPhatFarm.com
Welcome to the IPF Message Boards.
Registration is not a requirement. Please feel free to do so. Welcome Home.

FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

What to do? Ask Lidu.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Welcome to the IPF Message Boards. Forum Index -> 'Dear IPF Columnist(s) & Webmaster(s).....'
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Lidu
IPF Columnist

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:28 pm    Post subject: What to do? Ask Lidu. Reply with quote

Hello, my name is Lidu Koshy and this is my bio-data.

I was born and raised in the great state of Kerala, which I?m proud to say lies locked within the seventh largest country in the world, my mother?s land of India. I reluctantly emigrated from India to the States of America in the late 1980?s. It was here that my parents and elder pastors found and arranged my union of marriage with the woman I am now lovingly calling ?my mango?. She is Lina Koshy, R.N. She is sweet like the mangos from a tree, and God has also made her fruitful like a mango. God?s strength and endurance has allowed us to bring three children into the world: Linamol, Liduson, and Jeff. A girl and two boys, 17, 12 and 10 in that order. After living in the State for years, I took the Microsoft Certification and began my career as a Customer Service Representative with the Dell Computer Corp, where I worked until it all changed.

Welcome to the world of the outsourcing. If you do not understand what outsourcing is, the Wikipedia explains it like frank: the delegation of non-core operations from internal production to an external entity specializing in the management of that operation. End quote.

Dell did the outsource of numerous components of various operations to India. I accepted this outsource as a sign from the glorious Lord above and have moved with my family back to my mother?s land of Bangalore, India.
So, if you have a Dell, and have problems with it (there is good chance with both), then perhaps you have contacted me. My Customer Service Representative name is Larry Hole. They say to us pick names that Americans will emphasize with, and this is what I create. With God?s grace I have become now Customer Service Supervisor of my call center, and am high hoping to one day become a Senior Customer Service Supervisor.
Well so, that is my humble bio-data. I am doubting it will be on the E! Hollywood stories, the 20/20, The National Geographics, or even Asia Net, but many thanks for reading.

What I PROPOSE TO DO

While on the job, a few friends from the State sent me a URL http hyperlink to this Inda Phat Farm. There are few webmasters I am not very thrilled about, but for the mostly part, the site is entertaining, amusing, informative. I have a good amount of breaks on the job and I like using the AIM, the Google and the Wikipedia all the time. On several occasions I look at ESPN.com to catch up with the latest hoops news. I come with a good amount of work related experience. I am married with kids and watch MTV. I have been down those roads, roads where you have to take. So, I offered my services to the web master of this website, and this I proposed:

I am here to provide the best advice. Send me your questions about anything troubling you. I cannot guarantee I will hit the nose, but I will try. Here is the catch-22: you send me your questions, dilemma, etc, I will respond with a serious answer, and only at the end will I make a joke. But know this. I may watch MTV, but I also Dr. Phil. I will not sugar coat anything. I will sprinkle the sugar at the end, just like a Christmas cookie.

I will call this column: ?What to do? Ask Lidu.?

sak2345
IPF Webmaster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lidu,

Do you feel that American Born Indians are losing their identity these days? ...For that matter, this question can be extended to anyone born in the USA to immigrant parents. If so, please explain why. Thanks!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

Curious

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lidu, are you a hands on parent or more of a laid back type?

Concerned

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Lidu,

Do you feel mustaches should be combed, and manicured, or kept natural in all its bushy splendor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you agree/like the comparision made between you and Borat, on this site's main page? Do you consider yourself to be a comedian?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lidu,

I've come into a serious situation.

I just received my driver's permit a few weeks ago. In my haste and excitement, I took my dad's CLK from the garage and inadvertantly a poll ran into the front license plate down the block from my house.

The car sustained no damage, but everytime my dad starts the car since, it sounds like someone is hammering against steel. The car eventually turns ovver. the perplexed look on my dad's face kills me, as does my conscience. should I tell him and risk the possibility my driving priveleges becomes seriously downgraded or none at all.

-S from Atlanta.

Lidu
IPF Columnist

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, I would like to give thanks to Chris for allowing me this opportunity to dispense advice to such an eager world wide web internet audience. I would also like to give thanks Chris for allowing me to disguise, and let me assure you: I'm much more smart looking in really life, and my mango Lina can vouch for that, especially after working the double shift.

I see there are two more sap asking questions. Now according to my American supervisor who calls me a sap on occasion, word sap is meaning someone who is exuding intelligence. So saps please stand by for my advicement.

Now onto the question typed by the lovely young, IPF webmaster named Sack2345, residing in Bowie, Maryland and who has thus far posted only 29 posts since March of 2004?

Dear Sack,

I believe personally that an American born malayalee man cannot authenticate the lifestyle of a Keralite or the traditions of being a Keralite without the infusion of American culture. (You can replace malayalee with any race as you see the fitting) But this does not mean he should not try. When my American born children are of marriage age, I hope first that they don't enter a gay union (first and foremost), but hope they do sip warm milk at the reception. I will be overjoyod to hear them sipping on the microphone while they sip it. I do believe American born malayalees are losing their identities and more after getting into a bi-racial marriage. I think whatever you seek in a perspective partner, you can easily find in someone within in your own race. And also, you must see that there is peace within your own family and when your family mingles with their family; there must be a level of peace. Also, I see that children require consistency. When I send the boys and my lovely to Lina's mummy's house, I don't have to worry about anything being grossly inconsistent. Lina cooks well and so does her mom. They eat indian food at my house as they do there. My mom in the law can teach my kids about my culture and speak to them in malayalam; as I teach wonderfully to them English in the correct British way.

Even though there are some Chinese and British women that are loving my moustache, God gave me Lina to comb it every night; faithfully taking out the dry fish powder I eat with rice for lunch everyday. I find nothing wrong with interracial marriages, but would prefer the race don't intermingle. I argue with Lina on a weekly base for everything else, now if she was a black, I wouldn't want to argue in addition to my other problems about arguements related to race. How I should raise my son/daughter or any of those issues. Remember- like Mike Jackson said, it?s not mattering if you are the black or white or green. Stay true to yourself, your family and to the Lord above, love your next door neighbor just like you are loving your own self, love your mother?s land whether it is India, Russia, or Mexico, but respect your local customs as long as it is not in compromise with your own culture. All other things will work out. . Dearest Sack, I hope this has helped. I am pleased that my column has inspired you to write your 30th post of your life here on the IPF.

Lidu

Vestern

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lodu,
Quote:
respect your local customs as long as it is not in compromise with your own culture

Do you then advise to put your own culture first, or put the culture of wehre you are before that. I always have trouble when i see someone, living in a Western society, yet not at all making an effort to conform to their standards, bu simply living their life as if they were in tehir home land. Surely you would agree that comprises should be taken, as people need to learn to intirgrate rather than staying seperate.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lidu,

Exactly how long do you think it will be before it's decided that you should be removed as an IPF webmaster ?

Rick from Newark

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lidu,

can we see a real picture of you instead of the cartoon version. all the other webmasters have one.

thanks.

lidufan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lidu,

Is it possible to avoid wasting time responding to nonsensical and unintelligible sounding posts as the one previous to mines?

-Poppy from Lubbock, Texas

The Ghost Who Walks

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lidu,

Welcome on board. I am curious as to why you decided to move back to India, I am sure there were positions available in the U.S. The reason I am asking is that I have noticed a great deal of my Eastern friends moving to the West, and very little vice versa.

commradesinchrist

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice post by lidu. i did enjoy Lidu's first post. But watsup with sarcastic undertone. I could not figure the reason for it. is it from getting married and raising three children or are u naturally like that?
I do hope to post some questions as soon as I am sure u are worth it. Experience is valuable after all.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lidu ungle,

i have a concern. The other day while in church the pastor asked all the ladies only to sing a verse in the song and i happened to look over to my uncle and caught him singing also. Is it possible he is living a secret life that i don't know about.

Thanks for your help,

Bubby , NJ

Lidu
IPF Columnist

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys,
So sorry for my tardy responses to all of your postings. I had to take a training session in Mumbai for one week in what was called a camp boot for the Microsoft Vista operating system that will be forthcoming. It was a very intensive training that left little time for eating my dosai letting alone browsing the websites. I am however back into action now and will attempt to address all your concern one by a time.
Quote:
Lidu, are you a hands on parent or more of a laid back type?

Dear Curious,
You have a very brief inquiry so I will keep my answer also briefs. I consider myself a very loving parent- not a laying back one, but an understanding one. I have watched American television as well as understand the Indian culture, so I try to put myself into the slippers of my kids and see their views. I then look to God above for guidance, and lead them in the path that Lord has given us. When necessary, I do lay my hands on their backs for correction. Sometimes I use a light stick or a wooden spoon, but I am very careful to correct with love. We usually go out for a Frooti or a cold pop afterwards and have a talk.

I hope I answered your curiosity and thanks you for your postings.
Quote:
Dear Lidu,

Do you feel mustaches should be combed, and manicured, or kept natural in all its bushy splendor

Dearest Concern,
I am happy that you have a concern for my groomings and will forward my fashion tippings to you.

I believe in grooming your moustache, but only to keep it neat. Many Indian men spend hours to trim their moustaches into fancy shapes and twists. There is a difference between vanity and neatness. I trim, and sometime my Lina will trim it for me and the comb it so it remains straight. Sometimes a trick is to put a little coconut oil on the moustache, and this will keep it shining and smelling good.
Quote:
Do you agree/like the comparision made between you and Borat, on this site's main page? Do you consider yourself to be a comedian?

Dear Guest that asked the question about this Borat,
I have seen some of this Borat?s comedic acts and feel that he needs Jesus. I do admit that I have giggled occasionally when viewing his skits. However according to some sources I have in Queens, NY (my cousin brother?s sons Elson and Blesson) this Borat has mocked the Holy Spirit in his movie. This is a very serious matter and I do not laugh at it. I believe comedy can be expressed without blasphemy. Therefore, I renounce any similarity betweenst myself and Boratt, and on one other note, my Lina tells me I am many more handsome than he. I consider myself a dynamic individual who understands the youths of today, and do have some funnies, but not necessary a comedian.

Thank you for your posting.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Welcome to the IPF Message Boards. Forum Index -> 'Dear IPF Columnist(s) & Webmaster(s).....' All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum