Welcome to the IPF Message Boards. Forum Index
Return to IndaPhatFarm.com
Welcome to the IPF Message Boards.
Registration is not a requirement. Please feel free to do so. Welcome Home.

FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

What to do? Ask Lidu.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Welcome to the IPF Message Boards. Forum Index -> 'Dear IPF Columnist(s) & Webmaster(s).....'
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Sherlock H.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

L,
Did u realise that your "cusin's brother" is also known as your cousin too. I also to enquire as to why ther is no picture of yourself like the other masters are having. Did you know, that you and The Ghost Who Walks are the few that have pictures rather than photos. that's not the only similarity. You are both from the East, and both have "sticky" posts. Am i on to something. Is there some coorealtion there. Hmmmm. Anyway Sherlock is on it

S.H

Lidu
IPF Columnist

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Lidu,

I've come into a serious situation.

I just received my driver's permit a few weeks ago. In my haste and excitement, I took my dad's CLK from the garage and inadvertantly a poll ran into the front license plate down the block from my house.

The car sustained no damage, but everytime my dad starts the car since, it sounds like someone is hammering against steel. The car eventually turns ovver. the perplexed look on my dad's face kills me, as does my conscience. should I tell him and risk the possibility my driving priveleges becomes seriously downgraded or none at all.

-S from Atlanta.

Dear S from Atlanta,
On MTV I once heard the rapper call your state ?Hotlanta?. If it wasn?t hot before, I?m sure it will get hot for you very soon. You might even need some Mylanta to make sure you don?t stain your underpants when you tell you dad about what you have done. So yes, my answer is honest is always the best policy. You disobeyed, you learned a costly lesson, now you must face the song. You might lose driving priviledge for some time, but I think that you might need it to think about your mistake while you walk to wherever you are going. Although your feet might hurt from walking, and you may experience some redness in the rear area immediately following your confession, your conscience will be lighter, and your mind and heart will be clear. Hidden sin is like a cancer and will eat you up like a maggots. Also, you might want to contemplate starting with a car that is less powerful than a Mercedes benz- maybe a Toyota camry might be easier for you to drive, and less costly for the repair shop.
Quote:
Do you then advise to put your own culture first, or put the culture of wehre you are before that. I always have trouble when i see someone, living in a Western society, yet not at all making an effort to conform to their standards, bu simply living their life as if they were in tehir home land. Surely you would agree that comprises should be taken, as people need to learn to intirgrate rather than staying seperate.

Dear Vestern,
Put the first thing first- My name is Lidu, not Lodu. I know one chap names Lodu, but he is living in Dubai as an engineer and looks like nothing comparing to me. To answering your question, I do feel that some compromise is necessary when living in a culture outside of your inherited one. For example, if I were living in New York City and am wearing a loonkie in the subway system train, I would maybe have police stop me and frisk me. Compromise is OK to the point where you do what needs to be done to blend into the community, but also do not shun your heritage. I know many folks who are feeling that the useage of Right Guard or other roll- on anti perspiring devices is a denial of his heritage. I disagree- the smell of roasting onions is unpleasant in an environment where everyone else smells like Drakar cologne, or Curve scent. In India, it is common because the majority is not wearing anything but talcum powder, but it all comes down to respecting local customs without disrespecting your heritage. Smelling is not your heritage, but rather things like our wonderful fish curry and the mothers native tongue is. We should embrace where we come from because like somebody said, if you deny your father, you are nothing but a bastard.

Thank you for your question Vestern. I hope I answered it to my best ability.
Quote:
Lidu,

Exactly how long do you think it will be before it's decided that you should be removed as an IPF webmaster ?

Rick from Newark

Dear Rick from Newark,
I am saddened to hear of your negative commentation, implying that I will be unsuccessful in what I am providing. I am providing advice from my life experience, and hopefully helping some to understand both sides of the coins. Maybe opening your brain instead of your mouth would help you to catch some knowledge instead of flies.

Thanks anyway for your comment- at least you are learning how to express your frustrations instead of tapping your head against the brick walls and chewing on sand.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr. Lidu Uncle,
I am curious about what your thoughts on the war in Iraq and whether the Bush/Blair talks on the Iraq situation report would solve this International crisis? Also what do you think of the superiority complex...oh i mean western influence that is so prevalent in every society. I'm sure you've heard of or had McDonalds, own some jeans, old spice, and hair care/removal products (other than coconut oil)?
Humbly,
Curious

Lidu
IPF Columnist

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Lidu,

can we see a real picture of you instead of the cartoon version. all the other webmasters have one.

thanks.

lidufan

Dearest Lidufan,
I am very pleased to have one fan, and will one day love to meet you and maybe give you a shakehand. I am also flattery that you want to see the true Kodak photograph of me. Unfortunately, my Lina is very opposed to me exposing my true features on the world wide web internet. She has heard many stories about people who are using the Adobe Photoshop Program to make it look like people are doing things that they don?t want to do. For one instance, I once saw a picture of Bill Bush Senior and Junior in a fishing boat fishing into the floodwaters of New Orleans while people are floating by on televisions. I was very upset first, until I realized it was all a fake. I understand her protectiveness, but I really think she is just the jealous type, and feels that people may get distract by my moustache, or facial features. I don?t know if you are familiar with many Indian movie film actors, but my Lina tells me I am looking very much like Mohanlal.
Quote:
Lidu,

Is it possible to avoid wasting time responding to nonsensical and unintelligible sounding posts as the one previous to mines?

-Poppy from Lubbock, Texas

Dear Poppy,
I agree with you that sometimes people are writing posts that have no sense, and maybe they are bore at their home with no friends to chat with. I feel that even these people are having a need. If I don?t respond to their questions, they will be too much more bore, and maybe doing something worse like S from Atlanta and driving their daddy?s cars into stop signs. So if I am having time, I will respond to your stupid remarks as well as the deep questions.

Thank You Poppy for your concern and supporting.
Quote:
Lidu,

Welcome on board. I am curious as to why you decided to move back to India, I am sure there were positions available in the U.S. The reason I am asking is that I have noticed a great deal of my Eastern friends moving to the West, and very little vice versa.

My Dear Ghost whom is walking,
I am very excited to hear your postings, and am intrigued to find out many more about your characters. My reason for moving back to my mother?s country is because I enjoy working for Dell Corp., and feel that I am growing here. I came to the United States in the originally, so I can have this opportunity. God blessed me with it, and opened a door for me to have the best of both world. I can enjoy my success with this western company from the comfort of my great mother?s land of India. There is little vice moving back to Eastern because many have become overwhelmed with all the opportunities that they have found in the US and don?t want to go back home. I am pleased to enjoy the western salary from my eastern home.

Thank You Ghost very much for your question, and please continue to walk. I find it is an efficient way to from point A to C.
Quote:
Nice post by lidu. i did enjoy Lidu's first post. But watsup with sarcastic undertone. I could not figure the reason for it. is it from getting married and raising three children or are u naturally like that?
I do hope to post some questions as soon as I am sure u are worth it. Experience is valuable after all.

Dear Comrade,
Thank you for your comment about my sarcastic undertone. I think this is my all natural way of speech, and I am not intentionally adding any sarcasm. My children have nothing doing with sarcasm, or even my Mango Lina. Please leave them off this, and you can ask me why I am sarcastic if you are feeling that I am. I give straight answers in the only way I am knowing how- straight. I use my humor and witty to make you interested, but my response is always the same- to the point and blunt. If you are not liking it, please read the Bible Study columns. That is only kidding, but I want you to understand that advice is like going outside- you will always get some air, but it depends on what time of day you are in for it to be warm or cool.
Quote:
Hi Lidu ungle,

i have a concern. The other day while in church the pastor asked all the ladies only to sing a verse in the song and i happened to look over to my uncle and caught him singing also. Is it possible he is living a secret life that i don't know about.

Thanks for your help,

Bubby , NJ

Hi there Bubby,
Thanks for posting. I wouldn?t be too concern for your uncle singing with the ladies. He might have a soprano tone and might blend into the chorus better than with the men, or he just did not want to stop singing. I would take concern if he started singing at the top of his lung in the middle of a funeral, or began to wear a sari to tarrying meetings. This just sounds like a case of my favourite American HBO channel show Sopranos.

Thank you for your concern, but I?m sure your uncle is still on our team.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Lidu Uncle..
Since you were brought up in India, i would like to ask why the young men, or the men in particular...don't bother to rise for a woman on a crowed bus or train. One situation where i was in, was when i had to travel with my father back to Trivandrum (South India) from my father's house, in order to retrieve the luggage that was lost. I was very tired from all the jet lag, but was in for the sight seeing...i was not happy when i was told that i would have to STAND in the alley of the TRAIN for 3 hours...i looked into the main comparment of the train and to my surprise i saw all these men sitting down their Indian butts on the train's seats....why was this? Did they not see a woman standing...and that i was standing where the door was wide open for me to fly right out if this train was to hit something major.

If you had a way, any way...COULD YOU PLEASE TELL THE MEN OF SOUTH INDIA, to get up for ladies...especially American ones? Thank you, we LADIES were not created to sit at home and cook curry all day and rub your feet...sometimes we would like to sit our Indian butts down too...

Thank you in advance for your time in replying to my post. Have a fantastic day.

-Wondering Why in Southwest America.

Lidu
IPF Columnist

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dearest Wondering Why,

This is very good question too i have. So many times i have thought this in my life questions. It is very sad that some or even many Indian men have that chuvanistic approach toward women. I too was born and brought up with that same attitude toward the women. But when i came to this US i noticed men were very kind and mannerely toward women. I even saw some men hold the door for the woman. I thought to my self what a calamity i must do same for my sweet mango Lina. I then took this back home and now i hold open all doors for all women and even some men. I can say in many of our large cities in India men begining to catch this mannerliness and are allowing all the woman to sit on train and hold open doors for the woman also. India is slowly changing as our young people watching american films

Thnks u Wondering
good question
Lidu

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

man that last post was corny. this Lidu nonsense needs to shut down

Vinod.

ankur

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lidu ,

u rock dont let the negativity get you down. btw, wat are your christmas plans

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lidu,

I am having a mid-major crisis. Currently, I am a Junior at St. John's University, where I am in the Pharmacy program. The program requires exactly 6 yrs to complete. My parents have paid for my tuition thus far, the reason being which I am finding it difficult to approach them with the following: I don't like pharmacy, BUT I can trek through it, BUT don't forsee myself having a successful career as a Pharmacist. I wouldn't love it, is basically what I am saying. I would much rather be a Proctologist. Any thoughts? Consider all my electives could easily be applied to the med program, and I love feet.

-Manosh, NJ

Lidu
IPF Columnist

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
L,
Did u realise that your "cusin's brother" is also known as your cousin too. I also to enquire as to why ther is no picture of yourself like the other masters are having. Did you know, that you and The Ghost Who Walks are the few that have pictures rather than photos. that's not the only similarity. You are both from the East, and both have "sticky" posts. Am i on to something. Is there some coorealtion there. Hmmmm. Anyway Sherlock is on it

S.H

I cannot speak toward the ghost who is walking, but for myself I am an individuality. As I have written before, my Lina did not want too much attention diverted to this. So i therefore have decided to keep my real picture a secret. Perhaps one of those days I will post my real picture.

Quote:
Dear Mr. Lidu Uncle,
I am curious about what your thoughts on the war in Iraq and whether the Bush/Blair talks on the Iraq situation report would solve this International crisis? Also what do you think of the superiority complex...oh i mean western influence that is so prevalent in every society. I'm sure you've heard of or had McDonalds, own some jeans, old spice, and hair care/removal products (other than coconut oil)?
Humbly,
Curious

I am supportive of the United State in this matter. That country has done much for me and my family so I must support them in the troubles time.

My wife uses this fair and lovely cream very much. I am also wearing blue jeans, the brand is Guess. Many in my country are becoming much more westernized. I believe we must preserve our eastern values but i cannot complain about the benefits of the western technologies.

I am able to use a laptop now. Before I was having to use the STDs.

Lidu
IPF Columnist

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Merry Christmas. That's right, Merry Christmas not Happy Holidays. There's only 1 God, and can best be identified by His son, Jesus....Happy New Years also.

Hello. I am now realizing that you all are fun making on me, based on the silly questions you are asking. I am ti(red) of being a nice man to you all, as I have been seriously responding to your silly postings. So no more nice man.

Quote:
Lidu,

I am having a mid-major crisis. Currently, I am a Junior at St. John's University, where I am in the Pharmacy program. The program requires exactly 6 yrs to complete. My parents have paid for my tuition thus far, the reason being which I am finding it difficult to approach them with the following: I don't like pharmacy, BUT I can trek through it, BUT don't forsee myself having a successful career as a Pharmacist. I wouldn't love it, is basically what I am saying. I would much rather be a Proctologist. Any thoughts? Consider all my electives could easily be applied to the med program, and I love feet.

-Manosh, NJ

So let me begin by answering the sole question posed by a dummy named Manosh.

Manosh, be grateful that your parents have supported your double minded buttocks thus far. There are many things that people don't like about their jobs, but they continue to work in them because they have to feed mouths. So think about outside of your mouth for once. Take the rupees you "earn" as a Pharmacist and pay off your parents. Then use the internet to verify the following: A proctologist works in a dark area of the human body. Your love of feet is either a foot fetish or that you're interested in becoming a PODIATRIST. PODIATRY and PROCTOLOGY are different. So before you leave your job as a Pharmacist, know wether you want to dive into a dumpster or smooth out corns because you're headed for danger mister. Now if you all continue to ask stupidity questions, I will respond as prompted.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lidu,
Such behaviour is disrespectful and rather unkind to those who have aasked serious questions such as our friend Manosh. I do not believe those with serious questions, such as myself will be able to approach you for answers in this New Year. In fact i think that this could be my last post onto your once popular column. No doubt this streak of horridness, which you have contained within yourself will now deter your true fans, such as myself. Was it a New Year Resolution to be unkind? I think it was a bad idea.
Goodbye once and for all
C.L

Lidu
IPF Columnist

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

C.L., Until the questions begin to get seriously, I won't respond in any manner other than the way I responded in my last posting. If I've lost you as a fan, I wish you all the best, but would ask that before you go, evaluate my responses based on questions posted in a serious manner.

Lidu

Bunyan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lidu, i am curious as to the details of your marriage to Leena. I take it, it was arranged? Were you concerned about her upbringing, etc, or were you looking for that visa to the U.S.?

"Smith"

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lidu,

What are your thoughts on the the acceptance of "alternative" unionizations? Should a gay couple be given medical insurance coverage?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Welcome to the IPF Message Boards. Forum Index -> 'Dear IPF Columnist(s) & Webmaster(s).....' All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum