Welcome to the IPF Message Boards. Forum Index
Return to IndaPhatFarm.com
Welcome to the IPF Message Boards.
Registration is not a requirement. Please feel free to do so. Welcome Home.

FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Lizza's inspiration

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Welcome to the IPF Message Boards. Forum Index -> 'Dear IPF Columnist(s) & Webmaster(s).....'
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:22 pm    Post subject: Lizza's inspiration Reply with quote

..thank u so much, as a student teacher this semester, and with the weeks wrapping up, and job seaches starting, those words comforted my heart. I have had the same days as u too...and sometimes i just have to step out and take a breather....and step back ...

Good luck...keep writing about your classroom...remember us teachers that come here to read too! Smile

Liza
IPF Columnist

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad you were able to find comfort from reading about my experience. =) With life going at a breackneck speed it is so easy to lose sight of why we are in the classroom.

I'd like to pass along the advice that one veteran teacher told me, "Every time you feel burned out, slow down, take a step back and ask yourself 'Why am I really here?' Analyzing your reasons for being in the classroom will give you the chance to recover the passion for helping the kids with which you started. In turn, that passion will give you the strength to go on."

I cannot agree more with her because I have had to step back sometimes on a daily basis--almost to the point of wondering whether I am really supposed to be a teacher, but it has gotten better. I promise you that when you have developed that bond with your kids where you love them and they love you back, it will make all the sacrifice and hardship of being a teacher worthwhile.

Thanks for your encouragement....I wish you all the best as you launch out into one of the most rewarding careers there can be.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Welcome to the IPF Message Boards. Forum Index -> 'Dear IPF Columnist(s) & Webmaster(s).....' All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum